Senior Secondary Education in HTYC
As an EMI school, and with student intakes having good potential and capacity, HTYC has a firm direction in offering an education which enables students to pursue university studies. Therefore, the new senior secondary (NSS) curriculum, while enlarging the scope of knowledge and skills for students, crucially hinges on the maximization of students’ competitive edge for university admission.
NSS Curriculum for HTYC: Introduction to NSS curriculum 2018-2021.pdf
NSS Curriculum for HTYC: Introduction to NSS curriculum 2021-
(to be released in due course.)
Subject Combinations for Senior Secondary Curriculum: 2021-
- The subject combinations and groupings are structured to fit the interests and preferences of students based on data regularly collected through student surveys. Students are given a large number of choices in elective subjects.
- In response to the proposed curriculum changes put forth by Education Bureau in February 2021, HTYC has also adjusted the curriculum structure as follows:
- The basic structure is 4 core subjects + 3 electives
- Students choose their 3 electives from a list of 10 Category A subjects offered by the school
- Students can also choose Mathematics Module 2
CSD = Citizenship and Social Development
LWL = life-wide learning
ICT = Information and Communication Technology
BAFS = Business Accounting and Financial Studies
THS = Tourism and Hospitality Studies
M2 = Mathematics Extension Module 2
Foundation in Junior Secondary Education
Students are to build up a strong foundation of language proficiency and generic skills in S.1-3 through language trainings in Chinese, English and Putonghua, Project-based Learning (PBL) Scheme, STEAM Education and Reading-to-Learn Schemes, etc. Students are also to build up career awareness and perspectives through career guidance and support on further studies.